Activated Charcoal is a new superfood trend, for good reason. It’s a powerful natural detoxifier and can help move toxins through the body.
My friend recently came back from Bali with a case of terrible Bali Belly. She was given a bottle of activated charcoal tablets to take to help remedy the situation, and within a couple of hours it worked and her symptoms reversed.
As I started to get to know more about activated charcoal, more and more people I spoke to told me about the times they had taken activated charcoal, and how it had helped to soothe an upset tummy.
Because I want the most functional drinks, I’m always innovating new varieties that will add maximum functionally to your life. Not only do we want our drinks to taste amazing, we also want them to be super functional and medicinal grade.
Activated coconut charcoal works by a process of absorption, whereby any poisons, toxins or nasties in the body are pulled into the charcoal, where they are bound, and then your body can excrete them.
5 Benefits of Activated Coconut Charcoal:
- If you have severe diarrhea, like IBS, Chrons, Colitis, Activated Coconut Charcoal will help stop the diarrhea. Wish I knew this when I was backpacking in Bolivia!
- Russian Researchers found that Activated Coconut Charcoal can adsorb toxins from the body. Adsorption is different to absorption. Adsorption is the process whereby the charcoal acts like a powerful electrical sponge, attracting and holding onto toxins in the body.
- Activated Coconut Charcoal is not carcinogenic. Researchers found that when meat is being BBQ’d, the fat drips onto the hot charcoal briquettes, which then get seared, which results in carcinogenic chemicals which then rise up and get absorbed into the meat.
- Activated Coconut Charcoal won’t adsorb the nutrients from the food you eat.
- General detoxification. We all live in a highly toxic modern world, with environmental pollutants in the air, and sprays on our foods, so it makes sense to gently detoxify every day. Regular use of activated coconut charcoal can help rid the body of these daily pollutions, through the process of adsorption.
Click here for a PDF containing more truths about coconut activated charcoal.
This blog is based purely on my personal experience. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice or treatment. I am neither a medical nor health professional and I cannot guarantee that the information in this blog post is accurate, reliable or complete. If you use this information, you do so at your own risk and should consult a qualified medical or health practitioner before relying on any information contained in this blog.