These easy to make gut healing probiotic gummies are packed with gelatin, so is great for gut health, and also is probiotic rich, as it’s made with Imbibe Water Kefir.
Three Reasons Gelatin is so great for gut health:
- Gelatin can be helpful in healing the digestive lining, so you can better digest and absorb the nutrients from your food
- Gelatin contains 18 essential amino acids, which the body can’t make, they must be acquired from elsewhere in the diet
- Gelatin reduces cellulite and wrinkles!
Three Reasons Probiotics are essential for overall health:
- Probiotics are the good guys that help with excellent gut function
- Probiotics help in the digestion and absorption of nutrients from your diet
- Probiotics can help clear the skin and make it radiant, as gut health is linked to the skin condition
As you can tell, when you combine the healing capacity of probiotics with gelatin, you get a double whammy of goodness.
I have two little girls, and every once in a while I buy them a fruit or vegetable that they have never seen before. This week, it happened to be ultra sexy and exotic pink dragonfruit!
Recipe for Gut Loving Probiotic Gummies with Pink Dragon Fruit:
3 ½ tablespoons gelatin powder (I use Sarah Wilson’s)
½ cup Imbibe Hibiscus and Rosehip Water Kefir (order online here)
1 tablespoon honey
1 pink dragonfruit
- Dissolve the gelatin in the Imbibe, whisk and let it sit for around 10 minutes
- Gently heat the dragonfruit and honey in a saucepan or thermomix until the fruit has softened. Allow to cool slightly. Then blend to a puree, either in your thermomix or with a blender/food processor.
- In the mean time, get out your silicone moulds (I have a variety of chocolate silicon moulds that I bought from Kmart – you can also get them on Ebay) or line a baking tray (around 20×20 cm) with baking paper.
- Add the bloomed gelatin to the softened fruit puree and mix.
- Pour into your silicone moulds or your baking tray and refrigerate for a couple of hours until firmed up.
- If you used the silicone moulds, you can just pop them out, or cut the flat baking tray gummies into shapes.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container and eat within 2-3 weeks