Now, when Pete Evans (A.K.A. MKR and “celebrity chef” fame) called me to collaborate on some gut healing elixirs for you, I had a mild case of giddy.
Now, I don’t have a T.V. and haven’t watched the box for more than 20 years. When I moved out of home at 17 years old, little me decided that T.V. just wasn’t my jam.
I wasn’t giddy because I know Pete as someone on T.V.
I was giddy because I know the epic transformation he has gone through in his personal life to become a health coach and change up his diet and life to better support his vitality.
And it rang a bell for me, because, I too have gone through this transformation…… and that really struck a chord with me.
Maybe you’ve also gone through a transformation in your now life that has to lead you here?
Pete truly lives his lifestyle, and it’s very clear to see.
I’ve never seen such crystal clear sparkling blue eyes in my life.
His energy is contagious.
And his desire to spread this message is supercharged!
So, when I got over my giddy, I rolled up my sleeves and we recorded this video just for you.
Because maybe you’re thinking:
>> “this is all too hard”
>> “I don’t have extra time for this”
>> “I just want someone to walk me through step-by-step what to do”
That’s ok – we will break everything down for you so that it’s super easy!
This coconut water kefir drink will sure all more vitality and energy to your life.
And, it’s packed with:
And it’s super low in sugar because the sugar is eaten up in the fermentation process.
I have an entire chapter dedicated to Coconut Water Kefir in my book, “Probiotic Drinks at Home”
1 litre glass jar to ferment in
1 TBS spoon organic raw sugar
2 x organic dried figs
- Dissolve the sugar in the 1 litre jar in a little hot water
- Top up with Natural Raw C coconut water (1 litre)
- Add ¼ cup Imbibe water kefir grains
- Cover with a muslin cloth and secure with elastic band
- Leave to ferment in a warm spot for around 48 hours
- Remove the water kefir grains by straining them out.
- Bottle the coconut water kefir and add any flavourings (like pineapple, mint, cucumber etc.)
- Leave in the bottle on the bench top to ferment a further 12 – 48 hours until its as fizzy as you like.
- Refrigerate and enjoy cold!
Here are some flavouring ideas for the secondary fermentation:
- Lemon juice
- Guava nectar/fruit
- Mango juice/fruit
These are the benefits of probiotic coconut water kefir:
- Packed with living probiotics to help gut health leading to better overall wellness
- High in electrolytes for increased hydration
- More energy
- Better digestion and absorption of nutrients from your food
- Glowing skin because the skin and the gut are related organs, so if you can get the gut humming, your skin will follow suit.
Watch this video as Pete and I make coconut water kefir together.
This blog is based purely on my personal experience. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice or treatment. I am neither a medical nor health professional and I cannot guarantee that the information in this blog post is accurate, reliable or complete. If you use this information, you do so at your own risk and should consult a qualified medical or health practitioner before relying on any information contained in this blog.