Have you tried everything to heal your skin?
We feel you. We’ve been there. There is nothing worse than having breakout after breakout and not knowing where it’s coming from and what you can do to help resolve it.
The good news is that it is possible to find the underlying cause of your breakouts and once identified, there are great, individualized protocols you can use to begin the journey to clear healthy skin naturally!
The good news is that it is possible to find the underlying cause of your breakouts and once identified, there are great, individualised protocols you can use to begin the journey to clear healthy skin naturally!
There are 5 main types of acne breakouts:
- Problems with detoxification in the liver or kidneys
- Digestive Problems or Gut Imbalances
You can however, fit into multiple of these categories and have multiple problems at play. Let us dive a bit more into these types so that you can identify which category you may fall into and what you can do about it.
01. Hormonal/ Androgenic Breakouts (includes post-pill acne)
Looks like: Acne around the neck, cheeks, chin, shoulders back or chest. The acne is usually deep and redblind and large.
Occurs when: You have come off the pill, have PCOS or have high levels of androgens circulating in the body.
02. PMS and Cyclical Breakouts
Looks like: Shallow, pustular, or deep, blind and nodular acne located on the chin and jawline area.
Occurs when: Hormonal changes and fluctuations occurs throughout your cycle, or you have problematic levels of hormones usually mid cycle around ovulation or just before your period.
- Digestive problems such as inflammation, microbiome issues (antibiotics, infections, lack of beneficial bacteria, too much bad bacteria). Constipation, bloating and digestive issues may also lead to poor hormonal detox causing problems with oestrogen.
- Stress on the liver caused by medication, stress, poor diet, alcohol, smoking and sugar.
- Candida overgrowth which is fed by sugar and stress.
- Refined carbohydrates such as bread, pastries, cake, chips, crackers etc.
- Stress which can come from lack of relaxation, financial, relationships, mental, physical, lack of sleep or emotional problems
- Dairy such as cheese, milk, whey protein, cream, milk solids, cheese, yoghurt.
03. Fungal Acne and Suspected Candida Overgrowth
Looks like: Located on the forehead, shoulders, back, torso/body or chest. They usually appear flesh coloured with no head.
Occurs when: Bacteria overgrowth on the skin known as Candida proliferates
- Sugar feeds candida species so processed foods and sugar make the presentation worse.
- Yeast rich foods and beverages such as wine, beer, cider, nutritional yeast, fermented foods and bread.
- Changes in climate such as warm, humid, damp, sweating and non-breathable fabrics
04. Improper detoxification breakouts
Looks like: Breakouts on the temples and eyes. The breakouts are usually superficial and are close to the surface of the skin.
Occurs when: Improper detoxification of the liver and kidneys is occurring.
- Stressors to the liver such as alcohol, drugs, medication, contraceptive pill, sugar, dehydration, stress, processed foods, unnatural beauty products.
- Nutritional deficiencies required for liver and kidney detox such as protein, b vitamins, zinc, vitamin c, choline, iron, B12.
- Eating too many fatty, greasy foods.
- Lack of dietary fibre in the diet.
- Recurrent and chronic UTI’s bladder or problems with urination.
05. Forehead and mouth breakouts
Looks like: Superficial breakouts around mouth and forehead.
Occurs when: Usually caused by digestive problems and gut microbiome imbalance or fungal infection.
- Consuming wheat, sugar, diary, alcohol, and caffeine.
- Taking antibiotics or painkillers which disrupt your microbiome.
- Lack of dietary fibre from fruits and vegetables- irregular bowel motions
- Gut bacteria dysbiosis meaning that there is an overgrowth of bad bacteria such as in conditions like SIBO, parasites, IBS, yeast, fungi, or viruses.
- Lacking enough beneficial bacteria.
If any of these categories resonate with you just know that there are so many incredible natural treatment solutions available and that can be tailored to your unique needs!
If any of these categories resonate with you just know that there are so many incredible natural treatment solutions available and that can be tailored to your unique needs! The first and most important part is identifying the root cause of your acne and then you can go from there.
To find out more you can visit my website www.amy-jade.com.au and my Instagram @amyjadewellness where I continue to share useful tips and tricks to optimise women’s health.